The Devil You Say...Bible Q & A
1. According to Judes epistle, who disputed with Satan over the body of Moses?
2. What animal does I Peter compare Satan to?
3. In what epistle does Paul refer to Satan as "the god of this age"?
4. What, according to the New Testament, is the final place for Satan?
5. In what Gospel does Jesus refer to Satan as "the prince of this world"?
6. What is Satan the father of?
7. What prophet spoke of the fallen Lucifer, usually taken to refer to Satan as a fallen angel?
8. According to the parable of the sower, what happens when someone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it?
9. According to Johns Gospel, Satan was from the very beginning both a liar and a _____________.
10. In what epistle does Paul call Satan the "spirit that is now at work in the disobedient"?
11. What Gospel uses the name Beelzebub?
12. What book of the Bible speaks of the demonic fiend Abaddon and Apollyon, both names for Satan?
13. What apostle spoke of the contrast between Christ and Belial (presumably another name for the devil)?
14. What prophet spoke of "weeping for the king of Tyre" in a passage that has traditionally been interpreted as referring to Satan instead of a human king?
15. In Lukes Gospel, Jesus refers to seeing the fall of Satan. What does he compare the fall to?
16. Who did Satan provoke to do a census in Israel?
17. What disciple did Satan enter into?
18. What disciple was told by Jesus that Satan wanted to sift him like wheat?
answers: 1. The archangel Michael (Jude 9) 2. A roaring lion (I Peter 5:8) 3. 2 Corinthians (4:4) 4. A lake of fire and brimstone (Revelation 20: 10) 5. John (14:30; 16:11) 6. Lies (John 8:44) 7. Isaiah (14:12) 8. The wicked one (Satan) snatches from the heart what was sown (Matthew 13:19) 9. A murderer (John 8:44) 10. Ephesians (2:2) 11. Matthew (12:24) 12. Revelation (9:11) 13. Paul (2 Corinthians 6:15) 14. Ezekiel (28:11-19) 15. lightning (Luke 10:18) 16. David (I Chronicles 21:1) 17. Judas Iscariot (Luke 22:3-4) 18. Peter (Luke 22:31)
Topical Bible study is an easy and fun way to learn interesting and important information in the Scriptures. There are over 4,500 Questions and Answers in The Complete Book of Bible Trivia by J. Stephen Lang, ISBN #0-843-0421-5 from which the above was condensed. Or read the 6,000 facts in The Complete Book of Bible Lists, by H.L. Willmington, ISBN# 0-8423-0290-5. These books are available in San Francisco at Kaufers Religious Supplies (415/333-4494) and Pauline Books & Media (415/781-5108), in South San Francisco at West Coast Church Supplies (650/583-5153), and in San Mateo at McCoys Church Goods (650/342-0924).
Read other articles of spiritual enlightenment in the December 1998 edition of The San Francisco Charismatics or return to the Main Menu by clicking on the blue.