So you know the Bible. How well? Try answering these questions. Answers are at the end
1. What lost letter of Paul is mentioned in the Letter to the Colossians?
2. Who received a letter from David, telling him to put Uriah in the heat of battle?
3. Who wrote to the churches concerning the Jerusalem council's decision on the issue of circumcision?
4. Who, using John as a scribe, wrote to the seven churches in Asia?
5. Who had enemies that wrote smear letters about him to the Persian king?
6. What mighty king wrote a letter to Hezekiah concerning surrender?
7. Who wrote to the people of Samaria regarding the fate of Ahab's seventy sons?
8. Who wrote a letter recommending Apollos to the Corinthian church?
9. Who wrote a letter to Felix concerning the apostle Paul?
10. Who wrote a letter granting permission to continue construction on the second temple?
11. What king received a letter from Elijah predicting judgment on his sinful reign?
12. What queen wrote to the leaders of Jezreel concerning Naboth?
13. Who asked the high priest for letters of introduction to the synagogues in Damascus?
14. Who sent letters of invitation to the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, asking them to join in a Passover celebration?
15. Who sent a letter giving Judah's enemies permission to stop the Jews' work on the temple?
16. What feast did Mordecal prescribe in his letters to the Jews in Persia?
17. What leper carried a letter from the king of Syria to the king of Israel?
18. Who sent a threatening letter designed to discourage Nehemiah from his plans to rebuild Jerusalem?
19. Who, with Paul, penned the First Letter to the Corinthians?
20. Who wrote to Philemon concerning his runaway slave, Onesimus?
answers: 1. The Letter to the Laodiceans (Colossians 4:16) 2. Joab (2 Samuel 11:4, 15) 3. James (Acts 15:23). 4. Jesus (Revelation 1-3) 5. Zerubbabel (Ezra 4:6-16). 6. Sennacheiib (2 Kings 19:14) 7. Jehu (2 Kings 10: 1-2) 8. The Ephesians Church (Acts 18:27) 9. Claudius Lysias (Acts 23:25) 10. King Darius (Ezra 6:6-12) 11. Jehoram (2 Chronicles 21;12) 12. Jezebel (1 Kings 21:8) 13. Paul (Acts 9:2) 14. Hezekiah (2 Chronicles 30:1-3) 15. King Artaxerxes (Ezra 4:17-22) 16. Purim (Esther 9:20-21) 17. Naaman (2 Kings 5:5-6) 18. Sanballat (Nehemiah 6:5-7) 19. Sosthenes (1 Corinthians 1:1) 20. Paul (Philemon)
Topical Bible study is an easy and fun way to learn interesting and important information in the Scriptures. There are over 4,500 Questions and Answers in The Complete Book of Bible Trivia by J. Stephen Lang, ISBN #0-843-0421-5 from which the above was condensed. Or read the 6,000 facts in The Complete Book of Bible Lists, by H.L. Willmington, ISBN# 0-8423-0290-5. These books are available in San Francisco at Kaufers Religious Supplies (415/333-4494) and Pauline Books & Media (415/781-5108), in South San Francisco at West Coast Church Supplies (650/583-5153), and in San Mateo at McCoys Church Goods (650/342-0924).
.Read other articles of spiritual enlightenment in the November 1998 edition of The San Francisco Charismatics or return to the Main Menu by clicking on the blue.